Monday, August 23, 2010

pass the jelly beer

My first day of school was today. Well, my 23rd first day of school was today. But it was my first day of this year. You know what I learned on this inauspicious occasion? Wrong. I learned that jelly can ferment in the fridge if you leave it undisturbed for four months in a half-empty container. Good thing it was so rotten that I noticed before I got a chance to put it on my sandwich. I would have had to eat it anyway. Waste not, want not, after all.

P.S. 8:30 PM, and it's still 103 degrees.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So how WAS that fermented jelly, pray tell? I ate some plum "fruit spread" today that was "100% fruit". Not good, was sorely lacking in the sugar department. Was really nice talking to you yesterday. I is missing you. :) Mom

Anonymous said...

You shoulda tasted the stuff. That is what men were born for...

Randy et Jan said...

Hey!! I think I have some of that in my fridge too!! I'm throwing it out to make room for my green tomato jam. Wonderful stuff!! The hotel we stayed in this week gave it to me as an "I'm Sorry The Toilet Isn't Working" gift! True story. Jan