Monday, April 19, 2010

I play basketball 1 - 2 times a week at noon at the campus rec center. It's sometimes fun, sometimes not. You'll recall some of my previous posts about altercations with professors and such. Anyway, today I had a great time. Most of the fun had to do with the fact that I made almost every shot I took, including about 10 in a row, and I scored the last two baskets in a 15 - 14 thriller that ended with me shaking one defender and, with another in my face, draining a long fade-away three-pointer for the win.

Someday I hope to be able to have fun while (a) losing and (b) playing poorly. Today, fortunately, didn't need to be that day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had a great time! Also glad I can now visualize where you play ball because I have been there! Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh...the thrill of doing something you love, enjoy, and are capable of doing well, life's sweet moments...

Anonymous said...

Congrats! For you, I've seen it happen several times.

For me, I would love for it to happen at least once! Maybe it might happen this Friday night in the "USA vs. France" match I have organized.

Your dreamin' father-in-law.