Thursday, February 25, 2010

Yesterday I was playing basketball, and I hurt the pinky finger on my right hand (piece of advice, when you're going for a steal, don't swipe at the ball and hit a forward-moving elbow mid-swipe). It felt so much more severe than a normal jam that I went to the health center after I got done playing to get it looked at. There was a long wait, and I ended up missing a class. They put on a splint, and I even had one of my classmates drive me over to the x-ray place to get the x-ray (which, fortunately, was all free--student insurance works for once; also, having a friend works for once).

Short story short, I got the results back, and it turns out that I am unbreakable. At least now I know. They told me to keep the splint on for 1 - 2 weeks, but with the aforesaid unbreakability, I have obviously already removed it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lindsey Vonn broke her finger crashing downhill at 80 mph yesterday...coincidence, I don't think so...

Anonymous said...

So, does the theory still hold about doctor visits being for suckers only. Or is it good to know your finger is not broken...

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Sorry to hear about your finger, but glad it's not broken...why not wear the splint to keep it stable while it heals though? Plus that might keep you from hurting it while it's sore? Mom

Randy et Jan said...

I am so sorry. It may be awhile until you can hold your tea cup correctly! How gauche. Jan

Hannah said...

lol way cool on the insurance!...amd the friend! i am unbreakable as well. we have amazingly strong, steal bones