Saturday, December 12, 2009

I mentioned a certain professor who ruined everyone's Thanksgiving break by assigning a paper that could only be completed over the break. I did not mention that I have to take this class, with this professor, every year for the next three years. So I have that to look forward to.

The professor gave back my paper on Tuesday with 'suggested' revisions. I say 'suggested' because he insinuated that he would throw it in the trash if I didn't make them. So nice to be threatened with failure. Anywho, I have about three more days to do the revisions, and they're going to take so much time that I won't be able to study for my exams to nearly the extent that I would prefer. It's a good thing I prepared during the semester and don't need to 'cram'. The probable scenario is that I end up getting lower grades than I would prefer but that I don't get so hurt that I flunk out of my program. I do say probable scenario.

I'm about 1/3 to 1/2 of the way through my revisions now, and my paper has already grown from its initial 24 pages to a still-expanding status of 33. It would have been a pretty good paper if I'd had a month or two to do it. Finishing in a total of two weeks, though, is going to result in about 50 pages of trash. Good times.

4 comments:

Randy et Jan said...

Pace yourself on this paper. We'll be praying for your exams. We are so sorry for all the unnecessary work. Very sorry.

Anonymous said...

The good news is you are forced to write your first book, the bad news is you are forced to write a book...

Anonymous said...

As you know all things work together for the good of those who believe...signed Joseph

Anonymous said...

Ah, another prof from H---! I'm sure he will be eating out of your hand...by the end of the three years! Mama