Thursday, November 19, 2009

I got an email the other day from my university saying that they were going to raise tuition next year about 6%. Though I wish they wouldn't do it, I recognize that it's pretty typical. For example, the AP reported today that the regents of the University of California (UCLA, UC Berkley, etc.) announced that they were raising tuition 32%, marking a threefold increase in tuition in the last decade! Atrocious, right?

Then I bothered to actually look at some numbers. Next year, it will cost students in the UC system about $10,000 for tuition only (no room and board). At my school, it will cost undergrads $30,000 for tuition only. For some reason, I'm not feeling all that sorry for all those who are complaining in California.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of cash...good thing you can recoup that in quality of life, contribution to mankind and income! Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Amen...and for all those who read this blog that have children...start saving NOW...

Anonymous said...

And we thought health care was expensive...