Thursday, June 11, 2009

The premise of the ABC's 'reality' show Wife Swap is to take families from opposite ends of some extreme spectrum (e.g., one family wears clothes all the time, even in the shower; the other founded a nudist colony), have them switch moms for two weeks, and film all the fighting that ensues. The usual formula involves finding one family that loves red meat, goes to hoedowns for fun, and only wears plaid, and finding another family that believes in fairies, likes séances, and only eats things that start with the letter S.


I wasn't surprised, then, to see that one of the former wives is in the news because she stabbed her husband. What caught me off guard, though, was to see that the woman who did the stabbing was not the "tattooed freak show performer" (quote from the episode description) but instead was the former Miss Teen New Jersey.


I suppose this means I am some sort of a bigot.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Makes sense to me!! Those beauty pageant contestants are brutal....hah!

Anonymous said...

Beauty pageants ARE freak shows!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow...too much stabbing all around these days. I really don't get the appeal as a resolution to problems. I suppose it is a venting issue. I am ALWAYS shocked at the extremes on that show!

Mom

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I would prefer a stabbing to a "back-stabbing!" Jabron