Thursday, June 04, 2009

I have two weeks left to finish teaching my last introductory psychology lab section, and I've come to the definitive conclusion that this particular section is, by far, the worst I have ever had. Today, one student came on time. ONE. (I started lecturing anyway).

Normally, I don't take too much offense at tardiness. It's really only detrimental to the students themselves, and I don't have a problem allowing them to fail when they miss important topics. What irked me today, though, was the student who arrived 35 minutes late and then asked me to repeat the lecture for her after class.

On the inside, I screamed something about stupidity and insolence; on the outside, I said something about perhaps asking a classmate because I'm only paid to give each lecture the first time. Either way, I'll be happy when this one is over...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHOA!! The audacity of some people. What if she had offered to pay?? Jan

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of 21st Century teaching. Get used to it.

Jabron.

Anonymous said...

What till you see the group coming up next...

Anonymous said...

Good quick on your feet response!
love, mom

Hannah D said...

one student?????! was that awkward? did you stare at him/her the whole time?