Thursday, April 09, 2009

I've only got about a week and a half left in my program, and things have been pretty quiet this week. Next weekend, I'll have quite a bit of work to do as I finish up my final exams (both of which are papers), but it's nothing I'm terribly concerned about.

After I got my scholarship notice last week, I replied to the email they sent and said that, due to lack of funding, I wasn't sure if I'd be able to come (not in those exact words, of course). They wrote back and apologized for the diminutive offer, saying that it was so small because the scholarship donors are only interested in funding students from within the denomination of the seminary. That's a good idea, make sure to keep the smart kids out if they don't agree with your doctrine to a t. They also said that they were pretty sure they'd be able to increase my offer by a little, but they didn't want to commit to anything. I said I might come if they did that, but I didn't want to commit to anything either.

Meanwhile, I've been continuing to think and pray about my career, should I ever be able to find one (Maybe I'll work at Costco. I love that place.), and I've convinced Sarah to apply for any job we can find in the Deaf and Hard of Hearing area, wherever those jobs may be (so long as they aren't in California, we're pretty intent on not returning there). We hope not to move out of Michigan, but you never know where God may lead us.

And by "you never know," I mean "I never know."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a song that I often hear on the radio. Everytime I hear it lately I think of you and feel like I am praying this song with you! I think it goes like this: "Give me revelation. Show me what to do. Lord I'm trying to find my way, and I haven't got a clue. Tell me should I stay here, or do I need to move? Give me revelation. I'm nothing without you."
Never a dull moment, eh? :)
Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

I could see you as a well-educated, COSTCO employee offering free samples, and counseling, at one of those booths. It's a low-stress career with benefits. Think about it.

Jabron.

Rebekah said...

I love what your mom wrote--I too often hear that song and think of you both, and us, and other friends who are waiting on the Lord. Know that we're praying for you to experience an overwhelming :) peace and JOY as you eagerly wait expecting God to unfold His plan for you. I capitalize JOY because it seems that in most situations when we're waiting on God and when our circumstances and near future are unclear, we tend to wait impatiently and fretfully and with a furrowed brow. But I don't think that's how God would have us experience our present moments until He reveals our next step. I think He'd rather us look forward to our next step (even though it's still unclear for us) with joy and excitement knowing God will remain faithful to His promises and character. Sure, easier said than done, but I know my tendencies in worrying about the future and it makes for a *miserable* present. Instead, I'm trying to have an eager and wonder-full attitude as I'm seeking my next step. It's not easy on our own strength, but thank goodness we have a Secret Strength on our side! :)

Is that too much for a comment??

hannah said...

wow, i can't believe calvin with the crc thing... it's interesting that they offered to up your scholarship after your reply. i feel your pain about the career issue, i as well do not know where i am going in that area of life. i would hate for you guys to move out of michigan but you have to do what you have to do.. we'll be praying for you!

Anonymous said...

DITTO on with what Rebekah said! I'm praying hard, Jan