Tuesday, January 13, 2009

This weekend Dad and I were eating some gourmet malted milk balls. At one point, he wondered about the nutrition information, and we realized that 7 of the little balls of chocolate contained 510 calories. Perverse. Anyway, I was riding an exercise bike at the gym yesterday, and I got to thinking about those calories.

In a half hour in "cross country" mode, I rode 8 miles and burned 500 calories. My first thought was that it's amazing how much work you have to do to burn off some candy. Totally not worth it. My second thought was that the human body is absolutely amazing. To power it to go 8 miles, all you need is 7 little balls of chocolate. Some cars can't even go 8 miles on a gallon of gasoline. That's what we need: cars powered by malted milk balls. Make it so.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Truly amazing...God had it together when He designed the human body. I think I will get some yummy candy tonight after work so my body will zoom-zoom!

Anonymous said...

I don't know, there might be a resulting shortage of chocolate, which would be a real crying shame! Cars running on hominy grits or ice berg lettuce might have a more acceptable impact
:)Mom

Anonymous said...

Chocolate is too precious a commodity! I'm with Brenda! Jan

Randy et Jan said...

Or, cars made of milk balls! Jabron