Friday, September 05, 2008

My rants about Sarah Palin continue. I read an article yesterday that described how Palin, when addressing a group of ministry students, said that the United States sent troops to Iraq to execute God's will. She also said that it was God's will to build a 30-billion-dollar natural gas pipeline through Alaska.

Was it? I'll have to check again, but the last time I looked, there was nothing in the Bible about the Iraq war or a pipeline through Alaska. Perhaps she deduced these things from biblical principles, I don't really know. I'd really like to believe that she did, and I applaud the openness with which she discusses her faith. But it makes me VERY nervous that she's using the "God's will" card to justify her political policies and personal opinions. I'm sure you'll recall a little something I like to call the Crusades. And the Spanish Inquisition. And Nazi Germany. And Jihad against the West. And on and on and on.

Who is privy to knowing the mind of God?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paul taught that all Christians filled with the Holy Ghost have the mind of Christ, however he also said we see things as in a cloudy glass. I guess it is up for interpretation...

Anonymous said...

The last question is a very good one. Sarah Palin is making a lot of assumptions and writing checks her little body can't cash.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you....this makes me a bit nervous!! Jan

Anonymous said...

Scary stuff theologically. Jabron

Anonymous said...

I think you should start a political blog. I love reading your thoughts on politics and I'm sure many others would as well..

Max B for president?

love you :)