Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Today in my history of psychology class my professor was lecturing about Friedrich Nietzsche, who has been historically seen as very anti-Christian in his views (he made the famous proclamation that "God is dead"). My professor said that Nietzsche is one of her favorite writers (both for the quality and content of his writing), but as she was explaining his three main problems with religion, my professor kept her back turned to the class for an extended moment and finally exclaimed, "I just can't look at Max when I'm saying this."

Some say it's difficult to be a Christian in a secular university, but apparently it's actually us who are making them uncomfortable.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great story! Wish you were here for our bb camp. Jabron.

Anonymous said...

Very cool, Max! Jan

Anonymous said...

You made my first really big smile of the day. Seems your professor knows you well. mmw

Anonymous said...

The truth is discomforting to those who cling to lies.