Saturday, June 07, 2008

There once was a house that was much too hot.
Just sitting around you'd sweat a lot.
The sun beats in.
It's hotter than sin.
I'm going to leave.
Or buy another fan.

Line 5 doesn't rhyme with lines 1 and 2.
It's supposed to.
That's what makes a limerick and limerick.
Well, then this isn't a limerick.
I guess not.
Okay then.

Let's drop it.
Drop what?
I don't remember.
Who are you talking to?
To whom are you talking.
That's what I said.

That's the problem.
Wasn't this a poem?
No.
Okay then.
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
I refuse to do that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe poetry is not worth pursing on the long-term! Jabron.

Anonymous said...

In words inspired by Marie Antoinette...Have you considered central air?

Anonymous said...

Do you know Marsia Sweat?