Wednesday, May 14, 2008

It might sound like I'm making this up, but the Vatican's "chief astronomer," the Rev. Jose Gabriel Funes, said today that the Vatican officially allows people to believe in aliens. To be fair, I'm pretty sure he meant that faith doesn't necessarily preclude there being bacteria in another galaxy (all part of God's creation). I'm actually more concerned about the fact that the Vatican has a chief astronomer. This implies that there's a whole team of them.

Mr. Ratzinger, I'm sure you're reading this, and I'm just wondering, is this the best way to allocate your resources? With so many astronomers, how will you adequately pay your geologists, meteorologists, and acrobats?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good to know that I'm ALLOWED to believe in aliens as I'm pretty sure Sarah married one! Jan

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm....Our God must really wonder about His children and have A LOT of patience.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully they are looking for the day Jesus will come on the clouds, when a trumpet will sound and in a twinkling we will be changed!! I know I am...

Mama