Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Sarah had all of the excitement for today. And not in a good way. In other news, I start pretending to be a therapist tomorrow. That should be interesting. I probably won't make any comments about it here, because I have to have actual confidentiality for my pretend client. Just pretend that you know what I'm pretending to talk about.

Also, Sarah and I have been thinking for a while about buying real estate (somewhere between her job and my school), but we've started thinking more about buying a condo and being yuppies for a little while. Here's the thing: we can afford about a $125,000 mortgage. With this, we could buy (a) a smallish, older house with some upkeep and minor repairs needed or (b) a new condo with all appliances included, some nice amenities (vaulted ceilings, fireplace, etc.) and someone to shovel the snow and mow the lawn. I honestly think there are benefits and drawbacks to each. Or, we might just stay here. Thoughts?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do the CATS prefer? Jan

Anonymous said...

No brainer...condo. See next comment for details.

Anonymous said...

You would never mow the lawn unless someone yelled at you...