Thursday, May 31, 2007

Have you ever noticed how some people don't like to admit they got a sunburn? I don't know if they feel stupid because they look funny, or because they have an easily-avoidable 'injury' that's painfully obvious to all who look at them, but the scenario usually plays out like this:
Observer: "Got some sun today, didn't you?"
Burned: "No I didn't."
Observer: "Are you sure? You look pretty red."
Burned: "No I don't."
Observer: "Are you peeling?"
Burned: "No. I just must be a little warm; yeah, now that you mention it, I do feel a little warm."

Later...

Burned: "You know what, I think I did get a little sun today."
Observer: "Hmmm... I guess you're right; you know best..."
I bring it up, because today I played basketball outside for an hour and a half. I think you can gather the outcome (and the ensuing conversation with Sarah when she got home from work).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another column...

Anonymous said...

Hey, your mother won't go outdoors without sunscreen and it is good sayeth her dermatologist.

Anonymous said...

You should have seen a guy at church last night. He mowed his lawn for hours and his legs were fried, except where grass had left patches of non-burned areas and his socks covered his shins to make weird white boots. We just made "Christian" comments about feeling his pain , but it was indeed a funny sight.

Anonymous said...

Burn.
(I TOLD you.)
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Does no one feel sorry for you? Jan