Saturday, March 10, 2007

Sarah needed the car the morning, so I was left to my own devices to get to my weekly game of Friday-morning basketball. The school where I play is only 4 miles away, so I decided to jog. I got there in no time and felt like I could easily have run another 4 miles, so I played hard for about an hour. On the way home, the first half mile went fine; then I realized that the ATP in my legs must have been running low (adenosine triphosphate is the fuel used by muscle), because my hamstrings were starting to cramp (caused by the citric acid that is a by-product of used ATP). In any case, by mile 2 of the return trip, I had to make the decision whether to push it and continue on toward home or to just stop off at Sarah's school and get the car. I think I'm getting a little wiser in my old age: I got the car.

Six miles of jogging; one hour of basketball; all before 7:30 AM. Not bad. But considering that my foot was too sore to do anything for the rest of the day (not really sure what happened there...), I'd say it was a wash.

P.S. Taco Bell called and said they had "regretfully gone in another direction."

2 comments:

Randy et Jan said...

Please don't blame everything on the build-up of ADP and lactic acid for your cramps when stretching and Gatorade could have helped!

By the way, the Taco Bell position would have been yours had you had tatoos and visible body piercing. Better luck next time.

Jabron.

Hannah said...

am very proud of your decision to get the car. you are getting smarter. too bad with taco bell though...