Tuesday, February 20, 2007

On tap for tomorrow: an MRI with a shoulder arthrogram.

In lay-speak: 1) some people in white coats are going to numb my shoulder with a magic potion. 2) The white-coats are going to poke a giant needle into my shoulder and inject a different magic potion; this one will travel to the injured places and make them visible on their magic box. 3) The white-coats will then stuff me into a giant magnet, and I will have to lie still for an hour. 4) From another room, the white-coats will look at their magic box; the box will show the inside of my shoulder. 5) The magic box will send video of my shoulder to a magic disc. 6) I will take the magic disc to my surgeon, who will put the disc into his magic box. 7) His magic box will display pictures of my shoulder. 8) I will schedule an appointment with my surgeon so that he can cut a hole in my arm. The end.

And who said medicine isn't a science.

(...actually, that may have been me.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who said, "doctors are for suckers?"