Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I had my MRI and arthrogram today. Not surprisingly, it was less-than-pleasant having a long needle poked into the space of my shoulder joint. The doctor said that I would have a lot of pain in the morning (due to the needle being forced deep into my body), and she said the only medicine I should take is extra-strength Tylenol (to make sure I have clotting in the gaping hole).

I told her that I always take acetaminophen (because I'm cheap). She said, "no, you should take extra-strength Tylenol." I thought, but did not say, "but I thought acetaminophen was the only active ingredient in Tylenol." After all, she's the one who trained for 8 years to be a physician.

When I got home, I looked it up on the internet. The only active ingredient in extra-strength Tylenol? You guessed it, acetaminophen. Who's the doctor now? At least she was nice. Not like I'm going to take anything anyway.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

So... how does it feel to be the smartest person in the whole wide worlb? That's right, I said "worlb".