Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Tonight I played basketball with Randy, and things were going swimmingly until about the third game. It was then that I was karate chopped. In the thumb. Really, it wasn't a chop; it was more like a pile-driver. To the thumb. In any case, I dislocated my thumb.

I was all set to show you pictures of a dislocated thumb, but, oddly enough, I kept playing; five plays later, I instinctively stuck my hand out to steal a pass, and the ball smacked into my hand and re-located my thumb.

What are the chances of that?

I should also note that it wasn't horribly dislocated--it wasn't as if I did something terribly irresponsible and kept playing when my thumb was at a right angle. In reality, it didn't look all that bad (a little bump on one side), I just couldn't move it in one direction. Anyway, it's not really swollen, but it does hurt. Maybe I'll sit out for a while...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh man! I guess you are lucky that your continued playing improved your situation. Love you!