Thursday, January 11, 2007

Again, not much to say today. I suppose that's probably a good thing. Mediocre maybe. Oh, you'll be interested to know that I just took a shower. Hmmm...

Breaking news!

The LA Galaxy of Major League Soccer (USA) have signed David Beckham for 5 years and $250 million dollars. That's $50 million a year. $1 million a week. $137,000 a day. $5,700 an hour. $100 a minute.

First off, I'm trying to break into the wrong profession. Secondly, LA has the highest population of people who are homeless in the United States, yet they can pay a guy to kick a ball $100 a minute. Talk about disordered priorities. Someone should do something.

Oh well, I'm off to Costco.

(Please tell me you caught the incisive barb)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

huh? gm gp

Anonymous said...

Instead of just kickin' around in school, you could have spent your time playing soccer.

Anonymous said...

what is costco? gm

Anonymous said...

YES YES! That's why I'm studying sociology....so i can try and fix this dang society.

Anonymous said...

Maybe we should buy the homeless soccer balls and their situation would change. Jabron

Anonymous said...

Beckham's contract is "small potatoes" compared to what Seinfeld was offered in the 1990's to do one more season. He turned down $5M per episode to continue. There were 22 episodes. Why did my parents discourage me when I was busted in school for being the "class clown?"

By the way, it didn't hurt Beckham to have a wife named "Victoria Posh Spice!"

Jabron.