Friday, December 08, 2006


Interesting note from my studies. Most of you are familiar with the story of the Exodus and the plagues God sent to 'encourage' Pharaoh to let God's people leave Egypt. In Exodus 8, God sends frogs to cover all of Egypt. In the homes, the beds, the ovens. If a frog could jump there, a frog would be there. First of all, this would probably be a lot more annoying than most people realize. Frogs in your bed? Lots of them. Ever had a frog on your face? How about 7 at once? It's not really something you want.

So anyway, Pharaoh says to Moses, "Pray to your God that the frogs go away, and I'll let your people go." Moses says, "Okay Pharaoh; I'll even let you pick when you want the frogs to go away." To which Pharaoh responds, and here's the kicker, "tomorrow."

Tomorrow? TOMORROW!?!?!?!? TOMORROW????!!!!!!????

What?!?!?!?

Read the story here.

2 comments:

Max said...

P.S. Ever tried to take a picture of a frog? I haven't. That's why I don't have any frog pictures. A preying mantis will have to do. In this case, it's a 'praying' mantis. Get it. Get it.

Anonymous said...

that is quite crazy. Why the heck would he say tomorrow when he could say right now?! I'm glad college is teaching you things...

And actually, yes, I took a picture of a small frog and it's on my computer