Sunday, November 19, 2006

I seem to have seriously injured my foot. And it's really not a great story. I was making dinner, and I had a plate balanced on the edge of the counter. Somehow, I turned away and the plate slipped off the counter. Our plates are stoneware, mind you. STONEware. Anyway, the plate slipped and crashed, still perfectly vertical from the fall, onto my metatarsals (the five little bones in the foot).

Just so you understand, the plate was VERTICAL. So, it was like a karate chop. A karate chop of stone. The plate broke perfectly in half. IN HALF. Are we clear? The stoneware plate smashed so hard into my foot (vertically), it broke in half. My foot is quite swollen, and my whole calf actually hurts (I think there might have been some nerve damage). Maybe some basketball will help...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would the plate have hit a smaller target...such as your wife's feet? If so, does that prove a woman belongs in the kitchen...

Anonymous said...

you have a foot of steel. I am sorry for your loss.