Friday, October 06, 2006

I got one of my first papers back this week. It was just something short, nothing major. There wasn't even a grade attached to it (credit or no credit, that kind of thing). Nonetheless, I got the paper back and there were some 'grammar' and 'syntactical' 'suggestions' penciled in. I used the single quotes with all those words for two reasons: 1) I wanted you to picture me making air quotes with my fingers, and 2) some of the suggestions were purely preference related (one synonym over another), and the rest were actually wrong (i.e., he suggested I change my paper from grammatical correctness to grammatical incorrectness). I am not happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha are you implying that your school isn't as smart as you'd hoped? Credit/no credit. What a sweet deal. I can't wait for grad school. You wanna proof read my papers professor Max?

Anonymous said...

Heyyyy...I like that name, professor, yea, Max the Professor. It sounds spiritual.