Saturday, February 11, 2006

So perhaps you’ve noticed that my posts have become rather infrequent. Perhaps you’re imagining things. Perhaps you’re in some sort of time warp. Perhaps you’re wrong. Perhaps I’ve been less than motivated.

It’s definitely not that last one. Upon initial consideration, I thought that I haven’t been writing because I don’t have much to write about: lately, it seems as if I’ve just been doing the same things over and over again; there are only are only so many ways I can make “didn’t bother to put on pants today” seem more interesting. “Why didn’t he put on pants?”, you’re undoubtedly wondering. It doesn’t really matter. What matters is that I didn’t do it for many, many days in a row, and there’s really no way to make that kind of repetition interesting.

As I said, that I didn’t have much to write about was my initial consideration. With further inquiry, I realized this wasn’t true at all. In the last two weeks, I’ve written little, but much has happened here in Orange County. I was hit by a car (short story, didn’t hurt, not that interesting). Someone I know (who shall remain nameless) went on a date with a man 243 years her senior. Five days ago, someone started a fire 20 miles from where we live, and, long story short it’s still burning, we have ash on our patio, and the schools have cancelled all recesses and sporting events. I coached my last basketball game of the season (mentioned elsewhere…), and we were soundly defeated (though we won the moral match). Sarah turned into a monkey. On Super Bowl Sunday, we celebrated Chinese New Year with a veritable feast of jellyfish and whole crustaceans. I walked nearly 30 miles in one week. I learned Beethoven’s Fur Elise on the piano. I got a zit on my neck that was so large it looked as if I was sprouting a second head. As soon as the initial swelling receded, a similar behemoth sprouted merely inches from the first. I stayed up all night and played basketball at 6 AM.

And the list goes on and on. So if it wasn’t lack of happenstance that caused the gradual dearth of posts, what was it? I have seven competing theories. 1) Laziness, 2) business, 3) aliens, 4) gluttony, 5) Sarah, 6) lazy alien Sarah’s busy gluttony, 7) lack of motivation. Anywho, perhaps I’ll be able to again achieve my regular schedule of posting. Perhaps I won’t.

2 comments:

Max said...

I am not Kotter.

Max said...

You're lucky someone from my generation even understands that reference...