Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Last night, Sarah and I arrived safely in Newport Beach. We were quite tired, having traveled nearly 24 hours straight, and went to sleep almost as soon as we got home. I have plenty of adventures to post about, but I won’t be doing that today because 1) There are many, many other things here at the house that need avoiding, and 2) I don’t want to. What I will do is post some pictures (you can make up your own story) and say “Thanks!” to everyone who pitched in to get me the awesome new camera.


Above: Kandern (Sarah's home) from atop an adjacent hill. Below: a cathedral in Dijon, France (the spire, as you might have guessed, was filled with mustard).


Below: Sarah and I are standing on a bridge in Basel, Switzerland; the Rhine river flows in the background.



Above and below: Crikey! (Australian accent to be inferred) I was lucky enough to spot this on two separte occasions, and twice photographed it in its natural habitat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures. Europe is definately not America. Does it feel like Europe or America or even Africa? The naturalness of that creature was very intensely Eruopean.

Max said...

Europe defintely feels like Europe, which feels different from America, which feels diffent from Africa. Now that you mention it, it's quite interesting how each place/region you visit (even within countries) has a diffent feel.