Friday, January 27, 2006

As it turns out, we got pasted 53-22. Oddly, I had the most fun coaching that I’ve had all year. We were losing by about 16 at the half, so midway through the third (when we hadn’t made a dent in the lead), I put in the bench. It was great to see the effort put in by those guys, and to see how much they’ve learned over the course of the season. Overall, as I said, we got pasted, but I was really impressed by the effort put forth by every single player on the court. I’ve been drilling them all year about hustle, and I’ve never seen a team play with more. Ever. Even though we lost by 30, we out rebounded the other team 2 to 1, at least. We broke their press with ease, and played hard for 24 minutes (6 minute quarters). Oh, and a small caveat, our starting center missed the game because he had to take an exam. The other team had 40 points from lay ups (literally), and that easily would have been cut in half had our center been dominating the paint as usual. Evidence: he came for 4th quarter; I played him 2 minutes; he had 10 rebounds (literally). In 2 minutes.

No comments: