Tuesday, December 06, 2005

In fact, it’s so cold in here, that our ficus tree just shed all its leaves, as it might be expected to in winter. The oddity of that is the tree is made of plastic. In truth, the real plants are fine. I think they’re in hibernation.

In other news, I had my 8th grade team scrimmage the 7th grade team. We didn’t lose, but the guys found out when I have been hollering about defense for the past few weeks. If a good defense could be likened to an impregnable wall, ours could be likened to a hole. Perhaps now they’ll listen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You might consider getting a "defender of the mighty" award to hand out and motivate. I used a big spark plug and took a moment to hand it out to the student that was a "spark". Defense is not as obvious so it needs to be shown in a motivatingly attractive way...either that or make im run for every point allowed over 20.

Max said...

That's a good idea: I might use a glove. Yes, I bet I can get a big box of surgical gloves for a couple of bucks. That, and I will make them run.