Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Okay, my back is feeling slightly better today: I think the disk is no longer out of place, but everything around it is still sore from not being where it’s supposed to be. Though she has the day ‘off’, Sarah is at her classroom. I think she’s taking down all the Thanksgiving decorations and putting up ones that celebrate the holidays. I say holidays, because she teaches in a public school and she’s not allowed to “do” Christmas there. It’s an international holiday that virtually everyone in the free world celebrates (and exploits to the tune of billions of economically-stimulating dollars/euros/rubles/whatever), but let’s not speak of it to children for fear that one of them might actually come to understand the history behind it. The stupidity makes my back hurt; I have to go.

4 comments:

Max said...

She always knows when to quit. Supposedly. As far as trees go, it would have to be a holidy tree, celebrating Christmas, New Year's, Hanukkah, Kwanza, etc., etc., etc.

And so I take it that Mom showed everyone how to make comments?

Max said...

I need to give credit where credit is due: Mom didn't show everyone how to make comments; it was anonymous sister-in-law.

Anonymous said...

Sarah now you KNOW

Max said...

She knows...