Monday, November 07, 2005

More commercial commentary: it’s officially November 7, and I’m officially aware that the ad execs are officially trying to catch me officially unawares and slip Christmas carols onto the TV and into my subconscious. It’s not as if I believe there’s actually some sort of conspiracy whereby the powers that be, in a move to increase already burgeoning profits, are attempting to lengthen the Christmas, and thus the buying, season. No, I don’t believe anything of the sort: I would rather choose to believe that the poles are slowly reversing due to naturally occurring adjustments in the Earth’s magnetic fields, and as a result, the North Pole will now be the South Pole and vice versa; down will be up; up will be down, etc. This is a slow process, but as everyone knows, when it’s complete, Santa will have to move his workshop to the Southern Hemisphere where winter is in July, and by association, so is Christmas. The fact that Christmas now begins in November only makes sense.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did I comment on this? If I did not I should have. I will remain annonmouse until I figure out how to use the identiy thingy............

Max said...

Okay anonymous Dad.

2 bees said...

You know...this almost makes sense! Okay, now I'm scared, but feeling a little holiday cheer. (Maybe we coud consider doing a Christmas fireworks display while eating turkey and eggs and candy. Then all the holidays would be one.)