Wednesday, November 02, 2005

I just saw a commercial on TV for a new movie called “Zathura.” The spokesperson claimed that “recent sneak preview viewers discovered a movie like nothing ever seen before.” I'm not sure if that's true, because I recall a similar flick that came out about 10 years ago. You see, “Zathura” tells the story of kids who play a game that comes to life and can’t be stopped until the end of the game is reached. Conversely, “Jumanji” tells the story of kids who play a game that comes to life and can’t be stopped until the end of the game is reached. Huh. I guess when you say it that way, they’re not all that similar.

I've decided that what the spokesperson said would be only be true if none of the preview viewers had ever seen “Jumangi”; or heard of it; or, I suppose, if “Jumanji” had never been created; or if all the preview viewers had all forgotten about “Jumanji." Someone call an attorney.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe Solomon said it best, "there is NOTHING new under the sun"

Max said...

It strikes me that, according to his own wisdom, someone else would have had that idea first...

(No sacrilege intended--the Source of all wisdom must have said it first...)

{And by "Source of all wisdom", I didn't mean Joel Oosteen or his 7 million viewers}