Thursday, October 13, 2005


I saw one of these, which, by the way, is the official state insect of Connecticut, while playing basketball. As I moved toward it, its alien-like form advanced in my direction as well. The closer I came, the higher it attempted to rear, as if to intimidate me, a being no less than 500 times its own size. I pondered just bouncing my basketball a little too close (if you know what I mean…) but decided against that in favor of prodding it with a stick: the prod wasn’t mean-spirited (or even curious), mind you, I just wanted the little dink to get off my court so I could play basketball. It left the playing surface, presumably for a more fitting lunar landscape, and I last saw it as it attempted to carry off my gym bag.

5 comments:

2 bees said...

They seem like an amazingly constucted, imaginative toy and I am taken aback that behind those bulging eyes is some sort of think tank. They remind me of people even though they look so different.

seshwan said...

It's a good thing you didn't sqwash it--I find him quite sexy.

Max said...

"They remind me of people even though they look so different."

--More of those little green men, I suppose...

"It's a good thing you didn't sqwash it--I find him quite sexy"

--First off, "he" lives 2500 miles from you. Secondly, I think you need to review your criterion for "sexy"

seshwan said...

Love knows no boundaries. He's just what I need: strong (able to carry off a gym bag), intuitive, big green eyes, long and lean, brave (not afraid of anything 500 times his size) and outdoorsy. :)

Max said...

I didn't want to mention it before, but "it" (and "he" as you referred to "it") is actually a girl bug. I checked. But, if it makes you feel better, we can just call "it" Pat.