Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I played basketball today. Out of the ordinary? No. But, when I came home, I happened to catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror. To be frank, I looked like a hobo who’d just finished playing basketball (no offense to any of you basketball playing hobos out there: this is more of a slam on my personal appearance than on your socioeconomic status and its related, or unrelated, maladies). My hair was wet and stringy, my t-shirt and face were stained with dirt, and my head was permanently turned to the left (how I caught that glimpse in the mirror) due to a sore neck. Oh well.

3 comments:

2 bees said...

After reading the post about sea lions on your other blog and how they are making national news, my suggestion is that you might have an opportunity for your fifteen minutes of fame if you go to a dock or boat overtaken with sea lions and lounge with them, as a "hobo lion". You could lie on your right side so as to accomodate your sore neck. Wear a life jacket--those lions might get pushy.

Max said...

I think it's illegal to touch them, but if you really want me to...

2 bees said...

No...I just liked the sound of "hobo lion".