Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I realized today that I don’t have a job. For the past two months, I’ve felt as if I was on vacation: you know, like when you’re in elementary school and you don’t have any responsibilities for three months every year. However, unlike those second graders who get the time off and then have to go back to their real-world responsibilities such as coloring, eating snacks, going to recess, coloring, and coloring, I actually don’t have any such all-important, world-altering tasks to which to return. This is a real problem for one major reason: this lifestyle is phenomenal. I’m quite sure that I never want to have a job again. In order to help myself achieve this goal, I’ve come to realize that I need to not only not become an astronaut, but also, I have to not become everything else.

No comments: