Sunday, August 14, 2005

I don’t feel like writing anything today. Notice I used present tense there. The tense is important, you see, because under normal circumstances, the tense, in combination with my statement, would confuse the attentive reader (Hey! He said that he doesn’t feel like writing today, but he is! What’s going on! Is this the end of the world?!?!?!? Or does he just do things that he doesn't feel like doing!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?). Let me assure you, dear reader who only exists in my head, this is not the end of the world (only the end of the world as you know it). After all, these are not normal circumstances: this is my world, and I can do whatever I want with the reality of it. I don’t feel like writing today, so I’ll travel back in time (via the handy time stamp on my blog), and it will be as if I wrote this yesterday (when, not uncoincidentally, I was in a better mood). So, no end of world, no cognitive dissonance, and everybody wins.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Heh heh

This made me laugh.